[Vwdiesel] 82 VW Rabbit with no lap belt

LBaird119 at aol.com LBaird119 at aol.com
Wed Feb 25 19:38:35 PST 2009

In a message dated 2/25/2009 12:43:53 PM Pacific Standard Time,
davevw at yahoo.com writes:

> I would be willing to bet that underneath carpet and/or headliners, you
> will find the mountings for 3-point belts.  You might have to dig for them, but
> they're there.  It does seem like the connector on the inside of the seat was
> attached to the seat itself (as opposed to the tunnel) but I wouldn't be
> surprised if there are even mounts on the tunnel.

  Mine has the combo belt, lap and shoulder.  The female latch is
mounted to a threaded boss on the seat base.  I'd be shocked if
it's not there on all of them considering that all the seats will flip
forward like a 2-door seat.  The latch is there, just not the release.
Comes in handy for extra long stuff to go into a Rabbit.  :-)

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just
2 easy steps!