please do not lift text

Brett Dikeman brett at cloud9.net
Sun Nov 18 22:17:50 PST 2007

Folks, you can not lift text from the internet and slap it into the
wiki. There's a large warning (part of the standard mediawiki
configuration, not my doing) on the edit submission page to this
effect :-)

You can use such material as a reference, but you can't wholesale copy
it unless you have permission (for example, we had permission to copy
the 20v FAQ.  I need to re-check and make sure we still do- I asked
quite a while ago, just want to be safe, and invite them to
participate.)  If you do use a page for reference, you ideally should
list it as such.

(not caught up on email- spent my time this evening contributing to a
few articles.)

Brett