Content Creation Question

diemarthadie at diemarthadie at
Mon Nov 19 14:47:21 PST 2007

 I'm going to recreate the table I did in the sandbox once upon a time for tire reviews.? Anyone think of additional vertical columns you'd want to see besides:

Brand - Model - Size - Car Model - Retail $ -? Winter - Summer - All Season -  Track - Rate 1-5 for Dry Wet Ice Snow Dirt Track - Buy Again - Comments - By - Date

The idea is that we can get everyone to include their experiences and it doesn't have to be V8 only - and it can be for all manner of tire types and applications which SHOULD mean that we can populate it for V8s as much as old Austin-Healeys... which SHOULD make it pretty useful...

When I have a few minutes I'll go back through archives and see if I can add to it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brett Dikeman <brett at>
To: wiki at
Sent: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 4:44 pm
Subject: Re: Content Creation Question

Accidentally only replied to Scott...

> "How Do I".... Create sub-pages/ links to .
> Sort of like a directory tree.

You don't need to maintain a tree yourself- the Wiki software can do it
for you.

Instead, create a page with a descriptive name and place it in appropriate
categories with [[Category:The_Category_Name]] at the bottom of the page.

For example, I'd say a troubleshooting article about the climate control
in V8's would go in "V8_Climate_Control_Troubleshooting, and go in a
category like "V8_Troubleshooting" (which would be a child of
"Troubleshooting".)  We could later also add categories that correspond to
the Bentley repair groups.

Your article would then automatically be listed in those category pages.

Also: a model information page shouldn't contain repair info.  I could
certainly contain a link to the repair category for a car, though!

Any comments, Huw?  You seem to be the most experienced user of Mediawiki.

Last suggestion: always be thinking ahead about how generalized you can
make information.  An article about internal caliper repair applies
equally for V8 and 200q20v's, and in some cases it can be taken further-
ie, we have a big article about brake repair and maintenance in general,
with a section about issues specific to the UFO's.

wiki mailing list
wiki at