Brett Dikeman brett at
Thu Nov 22 10:17:53 PST 2007

On Nov 22, 2007, at 12:45 PM, Kent McLean wrote:

> Q1. I've created two pages: "Emissions test tips" and "All Models". I
> have a links to the other on their respective pages. I'd like to add
> "All Models" to the Categories page, but there is no Edit button. Is
> that page reserved for the KB admins?

Just add to the bottom of the page:

...and it'll magically do the rest.  I'm not sure why you don't see an
edit page- what is the exact URL of the page you're looking for an
edit link on?  I don't think I understand what you're trying to do/say?

> Q2. Am I going down a blind alley with changes (e.g., All Models) that
> will have to be undone?

No, since it's just a page.  However, I'd encourage you to work with
the Category system, since it automatically maintains indices for you.

Looking at the page to see if I can figure out where you want to go
with it....we could create General_repair and General_maintenance
categories.  Does this accomplish all that you want to do?  Keep in
mind that category pages all have top sections which are editable just
like normal wiki pages.

> Q3. Is "All Models" a good topic style, or should the 2nd word be
> lowercase ("All models")?

The basic rule is the same rule as english sentences.  First word and
then proper names.  Here's the full (and very long) skinny on article
titles from the 'experts':

Anything more than skimming that page is probably going to be a long
and boring affair :-)