Categories:Models

Kent McLean kentmclean at comcast.net
Fri Nov 23 13:40:58 PST 2007

Huw Powell wrote:
> No, I don't think it requires underscores.
>
> *But*.  If you share a wiki url off site with spaces not underscores,
> the "web" doesn't know the whole thing is a url, and stops at the first
> space.
>
> IE, if MW is "handling" the request, it translates between spacces and
> underscores fluently.  If a browser or something off site is handling
> it, you need the underscores.

It seems the underscore is ignored by MW, unless you include it in a
reference on a page, in which case it displays the underscore and
thereby makes reading the link a bit ugly.  So don't include the
underscore and MW will do its thing, leaving the original text looking
more readable.

--
Kent McLean
'91 200 TQA #1, for sale