[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: CPU-controlled '88 ur-Quattro WG?
- To: email@example.com (Non Receipt Notification Requested) (IPM Return Requested)
- Subject: Re: CPU-controlled '88 ur-Quattro WG?
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: 23 Dec 1994 08:12:44 -0500
- Autoforwarded: FALSE
- Importance: normal
- P1-Content-Type: P2
- P1-Message-Id: US*ATTMAIL*SMCLAN;X400ATT Dec 23 08:12:44 1994
- P1-Recipient: email@example.com
- Priority: normal
- Reply-To: quattro
- Sender: quattro-owner
- Ua-Content-Id: 431208231294
- X400-Trace: US*ATTMAIL*SMCLANarrival 23 Dec 1994 08:12:44 -0500action Relayed
I started fooling around with the WG, springs, controls and external
adjustability because the automobile ('87 5000CSQTW) was only develpoing
1.1-1.2 Bar boost max, as displayed by the LCD, and perf felt a little
off from what I knew to expect. I can easily dial-in ~1.7-1.8 Bar with
the external adjustment setup, but I don't have any type of CPU mod to
allow the higher boost, so things shut-down at an indicated 1.3-1.4 Bar.
That small increase from 1.1 to 1.3 Bar made a BIG difference!
I definitely do want to raise the boost further, but I want to do the CPU
mod that retains proper operation of the OEM boost display. When I get
all the info and parts I'll go for it!
The IA-modified Stage-II CPU is in the '85 ur-Quattro and is totally
different. That car runs about 2.1-2.2 Bar boost with pump gas and is
presently awaiting a heart transplant as preventative maint at >180,000
miles. It will be a bigger heart!