[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
faulty rear OEM shocks for 5000 Quattros?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org (Non Receipt Notification Requested) (IPM Return Requested)
- Subject: faulty rear OEM shocks for 5000 Quattros?
- From: email@example.com
- Date: 05 Apr 1995 07:33:34 -0400
- Autoforwarded: FALSE
- Importance: normal
- P1-Content-Type: P2
- P1-Message-Id: US*ATTMAIL*SMCLAN;X400ATT Apr 05 07:33:34 1995
- P1-Recipient: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Priority: normal
- Sender: email@example.com
- Ua-Content-Id: 343307050495
- X400-Trace: US*ATTMAIL*SMCLANarrival 05 Apr 1995 07:33:34 -0400action Relayed
I've been investigating new shocks/struts for the '87 5000CSQTW and I've
been advised that the OEM shocks for the rear are "not available" due to
a problem. The problem as stated is that the OEM replacement rear shocks
are too short by about 1/2 inch and that they can snap off if the rear
suspension rebounds fully, like after hitting a mega pothole or during
some Pro--Rally type action. The quoted solution was to use Konis in the
rear, OEM is OK in the front, and that this is only a problem on the 5000
Quattros. Anyone ever hear of anything like this?