[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Test drove '89 200TQW
Well, I finally went and test drove a '89 200TQW : Lago blue, he said,
but it looks kinda green to me, absolutely mint condition, 48K miles.
1. Beautiful, absolutely solid, remarkably upscale interior (but
then, it *did* list at 38K when new ..).
2. If I can get the guy to part with it for the $13,500 or so that
I'm prepared to fork over, it's probably a good deal.
1. Engine code MC (~164 HP) probably somewhat anemic for what felt
like a much heavier car than my '85 5KT.
2. Audi should take lessons from Honda in designing their shifters:
boy did that feel heavy after my Accord! (But that would surely
feel out of character, wouldn't it?)
3. Rear luggage space appears to be much less than a comparable wagon,
say a Volvo 940 ... probably because of the cute roofline.
4. Almost certainly not a CFC-free A/C : so what happens to the fancy
climate control next year?
Does anyone know if a third seat (you know, the rear-facing jump-seat
variety) is available for this car? You'd have to be mighty short to
sit there, but I have just the person for it :-) I'm trying to pitch
the car as a minivan (gag, blechh) substitute to my wife, but the
argument's a bit thin right now.
1001 W. Cutting Blvd.
Pt. Richmond, CA 94804