[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: MTM modified computer for RS2
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: MTM modified computer for RS2
- From: Dave Eaton <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 14:09:11 +0012
- Autoforwarded: false
- Disclose-Recipients: prohibited
- Hop-Count: 1
- Importance: normal
- In-Reply-To: <199706260038.UAA04478@coimbra.ans.net>
- Mr-Received: by mta MOEMR0.MUAS; Relayed; Thu, 26 Jun 1997 14:09:11 +0012
- Mr-Received: by mta CSAV10; Relayed; Thu, 26 Jun 1997 14:09:11 +0012
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ua-Content-Id: 11B6D3890A00
- X400-Mts-Identifier: [;1011091426061997/A63531/CSAV10]
i've had some discussions with brm about this mod. it is essentially a
modified motronic box aimed at boosting low rpm torque mainly. it sounds
interesting, but i am not aware of anyone running this piece of kit here in nz.
i am expecting more details through the nz agent within a few days.
i have absolutely no problems with mtm, they seem to be excellent, and
certainly know what they are doing. a number of audis are sold new in nz with
mtm kits, and full manufacturers warranties. my rs2 would be sanctioned by the
nz agents with this (stage 1) mod.
>Date: Wed, 25 Jun 97 22:31 BST-1
>From: email@example.com (Martin Day)
>I'm thinking of getting an MTM modified motronic computer for my RS2. The
>main purpose is to boost torque at low revs. B.R.Motorsport tell me that
>it will increase the torque peak from about 302 lb ft at 3000 rpm to
>about 357 lb ft at 2200 rpm. There's an increase in power from 315 to
>Has anyone any experience of this mod. or MTM in general? I've not been a
>member of this list for long but I've seen them mentioned in a few posts.