[Vwdiesel] Need help finding some hose

Roger Brown r.c.brown at ieee.org
Tue Jun 29 11:21:56 EDT 2004

LBaird119 at aol.com wrote:
>   Ok, couple of things I didn't get clear.
>   First, there's nothing stock about this.  It's the BAE suppplied hose that
> goes between the BAE supplied air filter canister and the Rajay Turbo.
> Most temps aren't that hot but being under hood, blowby and butting
> up to the turbo I'd guess excess of 200F in Summer is most of the time.
>   To go with aluminum tubing would require bracing and custom bending
> plus finding the tubing and someone to bend it.  Hose would be much
> easier and lasted many years.  Even a heavier grade of hose would
> present the same problems since it's on a vibrating diesel.  The problem
> with not living somewhere that has a large industrial supply sector.

You might try a large truck repair place, see if they have some radiator
hose in the size/shape you need.  I needed something like that for the
modified air intake on my 4x4.  I had been using a flexible dryer vent
hose for a few years, it would last about a year before spliting, then I
finally found something that works.  Used some large ID radiator hose
(from McMaster-Carr) and a PVC pipe fitting:
So far its held up fine.


More information about the Vwdiesel mailing list