[Vwdiesel] shift linkage parts

Roger Brown r.c.brown at ieee.org
Thu Jun 21 10:46:59 EDT 2007

Pam & Doug Boes wrote:
> I just changed the shift bushings on the shift linkage of my 85 Golf N/A.
> The 85 bushing kit has two different bushings from the 81's that go onto a
> lever that Bentley calls a "Relay lever". When I replaced the bushings, I
> noticed that the lower bushing contact area has a groove worn in the lever
> where the bushing makes contact. Does anyone have a part number or other ID
> that will describe the Relay lever well enough to get the correct
> replacement?

I think there was a thread about something like that on the Vortex A2 forum last year:



More information about the Vwdiesel mailing list