[Vwdiesel] Body "filler"

David Cook vwdieselbunny at yahoo.com
Sat May 19 02:25:28 EDT 2007

Actually, some auto manufacturers use it (expanding
foam) to stiffen body panels as well as reduce noise.

A friend works at a body shop and I was out there
after hours hanging out one day while he worked on his
sisters Firebird.

Anyway, I noticed what was left of some newer Cadillac
front end.  It had been sawz-alled right about where
the front of the front seats would be.

In the hollow of the [having a brain fart and can't
think of the word but it would be akin to
heaterchannels on an old beetle] was the expanding

I also remember a similar substance was used in the
corners behind the rear windows of later beetles to
keep engine fumes from reaching the passenger

So, depending on where the body guys used it, it may
well be a factory-approved repair.


--- LBaird119 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/18/2007 7:30:46 AM Pacific
> Daylight Time, 
> scameron at storm.ca writes:
> > I bought a couple of cans of that expanding foam
> gap filler at the building
> > supply place and artfully "injected" from below,
> to  plug the holes
>   Would you believe there are "body shops" that use
> that stuff 
> just like you did and call it a legitamate repair? 
> Rusted out 
> fender?  Fill it, mud it, sand it, paint it.  Yech! 
> Fine for a 
> daily driver or work car but not a keeper.
>      Loren
> **************************************
>  See what's free at 
> http://www.aol.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Vwdiesel mailing list
> Vwdiesel at vwfans.com
> http://www.audifans.com/mailman/listinfo/vwdiesel

VW Parts for sale!

____________________________________________________________________________________Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

More information about the Vwdiesel mailing list