[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]

Special bit for inner CV joint ..


"Arun Rao" <rao@frisbee> wrote:

	>At least one person on the list knows this: I know the
	>bolts on the inner CV joint don't take a Torx bit, but I've
	>forgotten what the bit is called.  I'll probably take
	>the half-shaft off this weekend to try and determine the

It's called a Triple-Square (12-points).  I think it's either 8mm or 10mm. I 
found it at a local auto parts store - mine is made by KD Tools.  An 
axle-puller is also helpful but I banged mine off using a piece of wood 
against the axle nut.  I replaced the axle nut (32mm), be careful to not 
damage the threads on the axle.

Steve Jagernauth	               	'87 951 Pearl Black 
AT&T BCS			  	'87 Audi 5K CST 
Bridgewater, NJ