[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
RE: '86 Coupe GT horror story
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: RE: '86 Coupe GT horror story
- From: PAUL SOUZA 202-260-6061 <SOUZA.PAUL@epamail.epa.gov>
- Date: Wed, 25 Oct 1995 15:54:00 -0400 (EDT)
- A1-type: MAIL
- Alternate-recipient: prohibited
- Disclose-recipients: prohibited
- Hop-count: 1
- Importance: normal
- MR-Received: by mta PYXIS; Relayed; Wed, 25 Oct 1995 16:43:10 -0400
- Posting-date: Wed, 25 Oct 1995 16:41:00 -0400 (EDT)
- Priority: normal
- Sender: email@example.com
- X400-MTS-identifier: [;01346152015991/3711423@MAIL]
Well, interesting stories concerning your GT. My GT is an '85
and I've had similar stories concerning it. Though it has been
without a doubt one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned
(including a 78 atoyoT wagon, which I'd still have today If I
hadn't let little brother "borrow it".....). But, I have to say
I too have had horror stories concerning the car:
- Jan/90 - After owning the car 2 months, I had parked in the lot
at school and was getting my notes together, when a
guy in a huge Chevy van backs in to my car and takes
off, while I'm in it. After shock wears off, I have
to race after him. If it wasn't for the fact his
liscense plate was imbedded in my grill, he never
would have believed me.
- Mar/90 - Guy who does repair work on my hood does first class
paint job. Wife's favourite past time becomes peeling
the clearcoat off, giggling the whole time.
- Oct/90 - Lose first antenna via roving band of junior
- Nov/90 - Roommate needs to back said coupe from behind his car.
Borrows keys and says "sure I can drive a stick!"
I get in later on to find out the gears are a little
hard to find. Turns out he forgot to "push down"
before putting car in reverse. Never fessed up to it.
- May/91 - Made the mistake of putting on Eagle GT+4's.
- Sep/91 - Lose second antenna. Must be those damn kids again.
By cheezy radio shack rubber antenna. Don't snap, but
- Jun/92 - Lose Third antenna. Those kids are motivated. Bite
the bullet and by electric antenna. Move.
- Oct/92 - Down at Nags Head, NC. Locals jump up and down on top
of my coupe, proclaiming the whole time they hate
BMW's. Start drinking more.
- All the Time - This car, for some reason, attracts Mustang GT's
like flies to S**T. Go figure.
- Feb/94 - Tear motor apart for more HP/torque. Meanwhile I get
married, then buy a house. Cars sits for a year and a
half in folk's garage.
- Mar/95 - Car almost done. Join Quattro list. Sanity returns.
- May/95 - Car now daily driver. Still attracts Mustangs, wife
still giggles while picking clearcoat.
Yeah, I've had bad luck with my GT too. Funny, I still love it.
But other than standard maintanence, no problems. Don't have
that digital dash, though. If it had it, I wouldn't have bought
it. Hate 'em. Next on the list: Finally getting it
85 Coupe GT