Re: Fuel system problems in CA?

Steven Buchholz writes:
> Those of us fortunate enough to live in the state of California are now
> using newly reformulated gasoline by law.  Some stations (Chevron, maybe
> others) have been selling this gasoline since early this year.  One of
> the issues with the new gas is the higher likelihood for fuel system fail-
> ures, especially in older cars.  I had the fuel line that goes from the
> tank to the filter develop a leak on the urQ shortly after Chevron made
> the switch.

Interesting... The hose from the tank pre-filter to the fuel pump
cracked and sprung a leak on my 80 4000 a couple of months ago.
It was a easy fix (replace hose), and I thought the cause was just
the age of the line, but now you have me thinking perhaps the fuel
has something to do with it...

96 A4 quattro
84 5000S Turbo
80 4000
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    Internet: ti@amb.org
 //////  UUCP:     ...!uunet!bazooka!ti
///      URL:      http://sunsite.unc.edu/~cddb/tikan/