[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]

RE: Registering Car in NM

Oh, boy. I wonder whose laws apply, those of your home state or those of
the state thru which you find yourself passing? I would guess your home
state. I was legally registered in MA in my new CQ with the plates off
of my 90, for the first four days, anyway. How does reciprocity work?

Ian Duff, New Bedford, MA, USA
1990 Coupe Quattro 20v

>From: 	Bob D'Amato[SMTP:mx@mamie.snet.com]
>Sent: 	Monday, June 17, 1996 11:19 AM
>To: 	Duff, Ian
>Cc: 	'INTERNET:quattro@coimbra'; 'Paul C. Waterloo'
>Subject: 	RE: Registering Car in NM
>On Mon, 17 Jun 1996, Duff, Ian wrote:
>> If this is a new-to-you car, needing new plates, one presumes you are
>> not going to be driving your current Audi. You should be able to (wink,
>> wink, nudge, nudge) transfer your current plates, and take advantage of
>> the registration swap period while you drive home, no?
>In CT thats a HUGE no no. If you run with the wrong plates on the car, 
>its misappropriation of plates plus a bunch of other things, along with
>stiff fine and an automatic court date. If you run with NO plates, its 
>only a $25 fine and you're on your way, assuming you have valid
>can show insurance for THAT car, and can prove you just bought it.
>bob.damato@snet.com (Temporarily
>The Southern New England Telephone Co.	     |Phone: 203-771-7081
>Information and Technology Center            |Fax:   203-773-3398
>300 George St. New Haven CT  06510           |Pager: Dont count on it
>             Drive Safe, Drive Fast, Drive a Quattro