[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]

RE: Water Cooled Turbo Conversion Parts Required

     Unfortunately during the repair of my '85 ur-q it was discovered the turbo 
     cold air fan has been damaged - so now I need a new turbo. I would like to 
     convert the turbo on the car to a later model water cooled bearing type. To 
     do this I need the following parts from an '85 or later 5000 turbo
     Oil lines, Water feed and return line, and the tap for the freeze plug for 
     the coolant return.
     Any help locating the parts or advice regarding the pros and cons (can't 
     think of any cons except getting the parts) would be appreciated. 
Go with the S4-type turbo, or one of Scott's RS2/modified units. You will need to customize one end of one of the oil lines by enlarging the mounting holes - NBD (No Big Deal). You will be pleased with the preformance of the S4 or better turbo!!!

     p.s. I need the parts in a hurry, or I'll be sticking with the stock 

ps: don't go with a stock K26!