RE: If it WASN'T a Quattro - would you buy one?

On Wed, 1 Jan 1997, Psycho Bob <honge@creighton.edu> wrote:

> I'd consider any car with AWD and with enough HP. That's why the current
> Suba of America's offerings fell out of favor with me. If those ProDrive
> things are offered in the U.S., I'd definitely consider 'em.
> But currently, Audi is the only one in the U.S. that offers what I want
> (need) in a car.

I would not buy and Audi if it didnt have Quattro. I dont feel they have
any other redeeming values other than the Q system. Power?? No. Handling?
no. Styling?? Maybe.  Safety?? YES. One out of 4 aint great.
Now add the cost of maintenance, poor electricals, High insurances, taxes
etc...I dont see what it would offer me that a much cheaper car would. As
far as safety goes, there are some good cars out there that can be had

Im going to get burned, arent I.

Bob D'Amato SNET 300 George St. New Haven, CT 06510 203-771-7081
               Drive Safe, Drive Fast, Drive a Quattro