[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: dry performance q's
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: dry performance q's
- From: Dave Eaton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 15:50:32 +0012
- Autoforwarded: false
- Disclose-Recipients: prohibited
- Hop-Count: 1
- Importance: normal
- In-Reply-To: <199701130217.VAA14128@coimbra.ans.net>
- Mr-Received: by mta MOEMR0.MUAS; Relayed; Mon, 13 Jan 1997 15:50:32 +0012
- Mr-Received: by mta CSAV10; Relayed; Mon, 13 Jan 1997 15:50:37 +0012
- Priority: normal
- Sender: email@example.com
- Ua-Content-Id: 11B16BF21B00
- X400-Mts-Identifier: [;4432501513011997/A35405/CSAV10]
..>From: "Graydon D. Stuckey" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
..>Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 19:02:59 -0500 (EST)
..>On Sun, 12 Jan 1997, Phil Payne wrote:
..>> > But stock, does the q system give an unfair
..>> > advantage above the competition, given the total package? Me argues not.
..>> > And I haven't been to a track event yet that contradicts this without
..>> > the hp in the mix....
..>> Tain't what BMW think. Or Alfa Romeo. Or ovloV. Or Vauxhall.
..>> Audi was made to carry a 35kg weight penalty because AWD gave them an
..>> _obvious_ advantage in the last season of the BTCC. They're carrying it again
..>If you'll read Scott's post, he does limit the comparison to "Stock"
..>Qs, and fully admits AWD's superiority in high HP apps.
i wouldn't call btcc (fia class 2) cars high hp. 295hp high? nope. class 1 (rip)
with 450+hp is getting up there. there was talk of banning awd there as well.
..>> The professionals seem to disagree with you.
..>I think the professionals are agreeing entirely with Scott. Its you that
..>doesn't seem to know how to read.
lighten up - i think phil was refering to the pilots who drive the things for a living.
they're supposed to be amongst the very best in the world. smoking jo i'd rate
against anyone on the list i afraid. biela, well what can you say...