Front drivers window goes down and not up

In message <> Leah and David Mueller writes:

> For the second time now, the drivers door window merrily went down and not
> up.  The fuse for the central lock and power mirrors blew a second time as
> well.

I suggest you check the wires passing through the rubber boot into the driver's
door.  I suspect a couple of them have cast off their clothes and are getting
rather too familiar with each other.
On my ur-quattro, the "relay" in position 16 of the auxiliary relay carrier
that controls the windows is not a relay at all - it's a self-resetting
20A thermal fuse.  If it clicks, there's trouble.

 Phil Payne