[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Help me keep the Audi faith...
At 01:26 AM 7/16/97 -0700, you wrote:
>As above, I'm beginning to get a bit disillusioned. The 5kcst runs as well
>as any 166k+ miler I know, still looks nice, but things like the recent AC
>mutiny and the apparent death of the passenger side window reg tonight are
>beginning to make me wonder if I'm a fool. I won't even get into Pentosin.
>I did that last winter when, for my first real mechanical task, I replaced
>the rack! I still love my old 5000, but am beginning to question its
>effect on my sanity, not to mention wallet. So, if anyone wants to express
>some Audi humor tinged with reasons why not to unload the beast (a top 10
>list perhaps?) I could use the boost (BTW 1.3 bar)
>Thanks yet again,
>1987 5000CS Turbo, apparently miffed of late
Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Keep Your Audi
10. You painted your house to match the color of your Audi (Titian Red!)
9. You have formed a passionate attachment to the voice of the parts clerk
at ****** (substitute name of Audi parts supplier).
8. Your Audi dealer needs to put braces on his daughter's teeth. (He also
needs to pay alimony, mortgage on his condo in Boca Raton, Yacht payments, etc.)
7. If in the military, you want to qualify for a section-8.
6. You need an element of uncertainty in your life (will the door handle
work this time?)
5. You love the smell of fresh pentosin on hot pavement (oops, there goes
the steering rack!).
4. You are watching this q-list with breathless anticipation to see if Phil
is ever stumped. (long wait likely)
3. You love watching the rain hit the window switches when the windows stick
in the down position during a tropical downpour.
2. The four rings remind you of the four digit total in a typical repair bill.
And finally...the number one reason to own an Audi:
1. You are a toy in the hands of the Audi Gods. It's an existential statement.
Tracor Aerospace Electronic Systems, Inc.