RE: A4 spring modifications

Any time you cut coils off of any spring it makes it stiffer.  I shutter to
think what cutting a progressive rate spring does.
Pat Martin
864000csq  2 1/2 cat back, H&R-Boge,advanced and loving it.  Drilled and
stopping it.  Koenig Cobra 16x7 with AVS Intermediates, turbo coming soon,
95 subaru legacy
Bothell, Wa.
 How does cutting the top coil raise the spring rate? Are the top coils a
lower spring rate (progressive) on Audi stock suspension?
'91 200 20vtq
'86 4kq
P.S. Don't have to lower my '86 4kq. Gravity and time have done it for
me. :)