RE: What is a UR-Q?

From: 	owner-quattro@coimbra.ans.net on behalf of Phil Payne
>I'm a great deal more knowledgeable about the rear left brake caliper than I
>was yesterday morning.
They are fun aren't they? I find the best bit is trying to refit the internal
circlip - you learn to duck very quickly.

> > ps. I hate to say this, but an 850 Turbo driver is likely to see a lot of
> > (un-modified) Quattros in the rear view mirror.

>He probably never _has_ see an ur-quattro, then.
I think that Ur quattro recognition should be part of the driving theory test.
Question 1:  What is this car?
   A) An old Audi   (fail)
   B) An Audi quattro  (correct)

Question 2: You see the car from question 1 in your rear view mirror - what do
you do?
   A) Stay where I am    (fail)
   B) Get out of the f***ing way  (correct)

>As Jeremy Clarkson pointed out in a hilarious piece in the Sunday Times
>yesterday, the only time these 4WDs go off-road is to park on the sidewalk.
I heard that sales of Troopers and Patrols doubled in the south of England
when it was rumored that stripped pine door cladding was to become available.

Jim Haseltine
88 Ur quattro