Re: fuel pump/relay problem fixed

In message <199709061525.LAA79288@chickasaw.gate.net> brazil@gate.net writes:

> My fuel pump relay had a very unique symptom, with the engine quitting
> after about half hour driving; it then woul resume after some 5 seconds.
> After that, it would run for 2 minutes, and quit for 5 seconds, and so on.

Fuel pump relay damage seems to be a more common problem than I thought.

The fuel pump is a significant current consumer - perhaps there is a
market for an auxiliary harness along the lines of the established
headlight harness.

I think at least two listers have told me in email that they have
installed more robust remote fuel pump relays to reduce the load on the
stock item.

 Phil Payne
 Phone: +44 385302803  Fax: +44 1536723021  CIS: 100012,1660