Re: 5k w/o Pentosin- Heresy?

> I doubt that any were completely unassisted, but you might want to con-
> sider a conversion to a vacuum assisted system.  Some of the non-turbo
> 5ks were available with vacuum assisted brakes.

That would appear to be an "easy" and sensible solution... plenty of
parts cars out there.
> You're a stronger man than me ... I must say.  IME the steering gets
> considerably more difficult when the boost is gone.

When I bought my 82 coupe the power steering was disabled, and overall
it was not a big deal - but tight manouvering was almost impossible.
Like getting in and out of driveways on one lane roads.  So I replaced
the pump and the little W-tube that was shot.  And this car is lighter
and shorter than yours.

Suppose it depends on your driving situations.

Huw Powell
HUMAN Speakers

ignorance is only as powerful as the desire for bliss...