[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
New Audi for ME!
Just bought myself my first Audi---quite the car. 86 5kCS turbo with
all the fixin's. It drives awesome, but I've got a couple of questions
that I'll have to resolve in the near future.
1) Sunroof- I've read a lot of archived mail on it, but still haven't
found an answer. It's an electric, of course, but is there a manual
overide or some such? The thing doesn't work at all right now, I
don't even hear a motor trying to work when I press the switch.
Any ideas? Best solutions or experiences?
2) When I accelerate, it veers to the right pretty bad--is this just
alignment or could it be a worse problem?
3) Stereo-I definitely wanna put something else in it. Removal-how
do I do it? I've tried to get that stupid thing out using the ol'
two pieces of hanger mix, but it's stuck on something. I'm thinking
I might use Crutchfield, since they have a few specials on a Pioneer
deck and speakers. Any suggestions?
4) The Tach (RPM gauge) every now and then dies...how can I get to the connection
to maybe resolder it or something? After a few minutes, it will just
suddenly start working again.
5) It's got 211,000 miles on it (mostly highway) and the tune-up
light is on. Should I have an Audi dealership do a tune-up, a normal
old mechanic, or do the stuff myself? If me-what catalogs should I
look at or who should I call for parts, etc. What problems should I
be concerned about?
Any responses to any question would be appreciated!
86 Audi 5000 CS Turbo grey/grey