[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
I read in Motoring News that Jonathan Palmer (ex-F1 TV commentator)
and Audi are getting together to develop a new Formula in the UK. The
aim is provide an "affordable" stepping stone to F1. Some of the
- 1.8 Turbo charged engines (didn't say if it was the 20V). Rated at
250 hp with a 5 second over boost feature that the drivers can
enable 3 times a race - good for an extra 20 hp (can you say Indy
Car). More HP than F3, and probably faster than next years F1 cars;)
- Team of 40 to prepare/run the cars, drivers are randomly allocated
the cars on race day.
- Ven Diemen chassis.
- 85K GBP for the season.
- Points awarded for qualifying and race results. Top 6 qualifiers
start in reverse order.
- I believe 8 raaces are scheduled, with a couple of them double
headers, 30-36 laps duration.
- One of the races will have a rolling start, cool. (and 50% of the
laps will be set aside for the pace car... )
- Makes me want to return to Blighty.