Re: New (?) VW W12--Looks like an Avus and Spyder hybrid.

Jim & Bev <jazman@accunet.net> wrote:

>In the November 10, 1997 issue of AutoWeek there is an article covering
>the Tokyo Auto Show.  No Audis covered, per se, but there is a
>nice photo of a yellow VW W12.  The car looks like a hybrid of
>of the Audi Avus and Spyder showcars.  Design is Italdesign.  Does
>anyone know the designers of the Avus or Spyder?

Quote translated from my Dutch Avus brochure: 'The Audi AVUS quattro has
been designed by Audi technicians and produced under their direction'

1988 Audi 80 1.8S, mostly Tizianrot metallic, 214,000km

    Time is the best teacher.  Unfortunately, it kills all its pupils.
                                        -- Hector-Louis Berlioz