[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Mouse On Board!!
- To: The Quattro List <email@example.com>, DEREK DAILY <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Steven Maier <email@example.com>, ccim <firstname.lastname@example.org>, dreux Namnoun <email@example.com>, brazil <firstname.lastname@example.org>, lester <email@example.com>, tking_ms <firstname.lastname@example.org>, rodavies <email@example.com>, mark_hurston <firstname.lastname@example.org>, tbednark <email@example.com>, doussia <firstname.lastname@example.org>, mark <email@example.com>, dennisd <firstname.lastname@example.org>, mbrenengen <email@example.com>, kcloh <firstname.lastname@example.org>, sfibre <email@example.com>, DaveS <DaveS@kgw.com>, crottya <firstname.lastname@example.org>, johnredm <email@example.com>, swiller <firstname.lastname@example.org>, shenck <email@example.com>, cdg100 <firstname.lastname@example.org>, dcummins <dcummins@RohmHaas.com>, ddaily <ddaily@SMTPGW.MITSUICOMTEK.COM>, bwhite <email@example.com>, justin <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "!! Syncronized !!" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Mouse On Board!!
- From: Jim Griffin <JGriff@pobox.com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 21:27:15 -0500
- Reply-To: JGriff@pobox.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do they sell those little yellow signs, like Baby On Board, but for
I was installing the new/replacement leather shift boot on my QSW
tonight, and when I took off the shift plate/console, I noticed little
mouse droppings, with lots of little insulation "crumbs". Also, some of
the insulation from the console was just lying there in a clump. (Hmm...
maybe that's why the shifter's been a bit notchy?? I cleaned up the
mess, and lubed it all up... it seems a bit better now.)
Hmmpph... I guess somewhere, sometime over the last 6 or more weeks
while I did not have my car, the little critter jumped on board. (I had
taken the console apart before, and didn't notice this.) It looks like
the only way he could get to where he was "snacking" was through the
tunnel where the shift linkage goes out to the tranny.
I have no idea if the little b*stard is still on board, but I hope not.
I certainly don't need any more problems right now... I just got the car
What is it with mice and Audis (well, maybe I should say 5 cylinders and
quattro?). Another lister had this happen a little while ago. I found
that kinda' amusing... but never did I figure I'd have the same thing
happen to me!! So, maybe the lesson of the day is: Check carefully for
Apologies for the extra bandwidth, but I felt compelled to share this.
"Perception is often stronger than reality!"
'92 Audi 100S
'87 VW Quantum Syncro