[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Low clutch pedal
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Low clutch pedal
- From: Jim Griffin <JGriff@pobox.com>
- Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 07:56:26 -0500
- CC: The Quattro List <email@example.com>, Steven Maier <firstname.lastname@example.org>, ccim <email@example.com>, dreux Namnoun <firstname.lastname@example.org>, brazil <email@example.com>, lester <firstname.lastname@example.org>, tking_ms <email@example.com>, rodavies <firstname.lastname@example.org>, mark_hurston <email@example.com>, tbednark <firstname.lastname@example.org>, doussia <email@example.com>, mark <firstname.lastname@example.org>, dennisd <email@example.com>, mbrenengen <firstname.lastname@example.org>, kcloh <email@example.com>, sfibre <firstname.lastname@example.org>, DaveS <DaveS@kgw.com>, crottya <email@example.com>, johnredm <firstname.lastname@example.org>, swiller <email@example.com>, shenck <firstname.lastname@example.org>, cdg100 <email@example.com>, dcummins <dcummins@RohmHaas.com>, ddaily <ddaily@SMTPGW.MITSUICOMTEK.COM>, bwhite <firstname.lastname@example.org>, justin <email@example.com>, "!! Syncronized !!" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <349B4DAB.A9490714@pobox.com> <349B8459.49D9@ibm.net>
- Reply-To: JGriff@pobox.com
- Sender: email@example.com
DEREK DAILY wrote:
> May have some good news for you.
> Check out the pivot point for the pedal at the "clevis pin". I was
> thinking the same thoughts re: master cyl, but turned out to only
> require some "repair" to this hole, which was elongated.
> Need only figure out some kind of spacer to put in the elongated hole,
> then reassemble. HUGE DIFFERENCE!!
I'll check it out. That might just be it. When I brought it in for service a
little while ago, the tech told me that the clevis pin was "trashed" (i.e. no
good), and he took it out, and managed to put in a small bolt to hold it. It
did make a big difference. Hmm... maybe it does just need a washer or two.
Hopefully... I like simple fixes!!
Thanks. Much appreciated.
"Perception is often stronger than reality!"
'92 Audi 100S
'87 VW Quantum Syncro