Re: headlight conversion

Dave wrote:

> I made a trip to the local boneyard and scavanged a pair of
> 82-86 head light buckets and bezels.  Total outlay =$85.  Next stop
> Autozone, where I decided to buy 4 high beams(not sure of wattage, but
> guessing 55w).  Total outlay =$35.  After some head scratching on how to
> keep all four lights burning with the original switch, low and behold there
> came a great flash of brilliant light from the front of the car.

you have installed the auxiliary relays and  wired them with a heavier
gauge wire for running them brighties, haven't you?
Otherwise the multistalk switch and the lousy DOT harness is gonna melt.

Audi in it's infinite arrogance does not bother to install the headlight
relays on our cars for driving the wimpy U.S. spec DOT lights.

Igor Kessel
'89 200TQ -- 18psi (TAP)
'98 A4TQ -- FINALLY!
Philadelphia, PA