Re: Headlight Conversion Preference Query

At 09:14 PM 1/3/98 +0000, you wrote:
>And most importantly, I'd like to hear comments from people
>who have seen the light quality from both systems, and how
>they compare to each other (we already know how they compare
>to the stock US 5000TQ headlights!).
>-Douglas Hurst Quebbeman (dougq@iglou.com)            [Call me "Doug"]
>74 100LS Auto, 77 100LS Auto, 84 Coupe GT, 86 5Kcstq
>"The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away."  -Tom Waits

I've made the switch back and I'm satisfied with the light output.  My
stock headlights were so frosted inside they looked more like shower glass
doors than headlights, so I got a set of older lights and grill for $300
from German Auto Salvage in Berkeley.  Before installing them I ground off
2 of "keys" which will allow me to run 9007 lights (which I'll use with
relays) for a little more intensity.

Tony Lum  (tlum@flash.net)                 1987 5000CS Turbo Quattro
Berkeley, California, USA                     1985 4000CS Quattro
Audi Owner/Driver/Mechanic by Necessity ;^)     1980 5000S Sedan