[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
PS pump replaced, but...
I'd appreciate it if anyone can lead me in a direction...
Replaced PS pump with ZF rebuild, as per Bentley and listmember procedures.
Just took the car out (87 5kcstq) and have the following:
1) wierd loud vibration when driving on anything but the smoothest surface,
can only hear it while rolling, sounds like its coming from the resevoir area,
or lower. Hard to describe sound, imagine a 1 inch metal pipe with a 1/2 inch
metal rod inside it, laying in the engine compartment, with each vibration or
bump the rod bounces against the sides.
2) clunk when turning, at about about 1/2 turn of the steering wheel and then
again on return-both directions. The vibration from this clunk is transferred
to the steering wheel.
3) on straight road car pulls to the left
None of the above present before replacement. Prior pump working OK just
leaking (and louder than the new one). The replacement went without incident,
1) primed pump with Pento by rotating pulley and filling center port until
pump filled and fluid exiting rear port. Front port also filled.
2) after attaching hoses, filled resevoir, then with engine running, lifted
front wheels off ground, turned steering lock to lock a few times.
3) resevoir not allowed to empty
Probably unrelated, but strange that it should surface now:
1) heater blower doesn't come on (fuse OK)
2) engine "temp" triangle comes on for a few seconds intermittantly with temp
guage reading a little higher than usual (and local temps cooler than usual-20
degrees F). Coolant level OK.
Thanks in advance.
([____]=====OOOO=====[____]) 87 5kcsTQ, 213k miles
]]]]]]][Mike Aiello][[[[[[ original owner
Dutchess County, NY