RE: V8 Stuff (Manual vs. Automatic transmission) (longish)

Not in Europe, though. Saab is considered a rare vehicle for
non-conformists who want a luxurious yet sporty car, but don't want to
be seen in Mercedes or BMW - mind you, half of taxi cabs in Germany are
M-Bs and BMW is very popular among "boy-racer" types. Volvo is _very_
close to Germans in prestige department right now.

Aleksander Mierzwa
Warsaw, Poland
87 Audi 5000CS turbo (mine)
88 Renault Medallion wagon (mom's)