RE: Recent motor melt down

I'm not sure here, but guess Mercedes consequently used timing chains
rather than belts.
I've seen a comparision of the timing belt change intervals recommended
by various car makers. They vary from 60k km (37.5k miles) to 100k km
(62.5k miles). I can find that magazine and post details if anyone is

Aleksander Mierzwa
Warsaw, Poland
87 Audi 5000CS turbo (mine)
88 Renault Medallion wagon (mom's)