[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
re: Pirelli P7000 SuperSport
i've had these on my v8 for a year or so now. very happy with them.
- with a M+S rating and a treadwear rating of 320 they are clearly not a
all out performance tire. however i've found that the dry grip is
excellent but this may be because i've gone from a 215 to a 235...
- using the latest silica compounds (expensive, but worth every cent)
wet grip is super. since i have dedicated snow tires, my experience on
snow/slush is limited, but they seem better than the dunlops that i
used to have.
- water excavation is also super, every bit as good as the PZeros and
P700z's on my other cars..
- the construction is the same jointless method that dunlop likes to
highlight. pirelli doesn't publicise this much, but it sez so on the
sticker that they attach to the tire.
- with the rounded edges, turn in sharpness is not as sharp as i'd like
- comfort and noise levels are also super.. i'm running with 44 psi up
front. the Pzeros are noticeably harsher riding without being
all in all i find the P7000 to be an excellent modern tire. it's
expensive as phil says, but you get what you pay for, unlike goodyears.
warmly recommended as a "compromise" tire. in my case i find that it does
everything exceedingly well except for the lack of turn in sharpness.