RE: retrofitting headlight washers

Tom wrote:

	>I've been toying with this idea as well

And me, too :-)

	>I even went so far as to try to take the bits off a Coupe GT in
my local
	>scrapyard, but it turned out to be too difficult. The CGT had
	>aftermarket front bumper with integrated spoiler, to which the
jets were
	>bolted more or less permanently. When I realised that I
wouldn't be able to
	>take them off without destroying either lights or bumper, I
forgot about
	>it. Anyway, I wasn't able to verify if the system was working
in the first

I can get aftermarket reservoir with electric pump for $15 local Micro
store (do you have Micro in Holland? Lots of funny car stuff). I also
have one headlight washer nozzle salvaged from my parent's old Skoda. If
I only had second nozzle... if only :-( My car has big US-spec bumbers
and there's so much space on top of the bumper it simply cries "please
install headlight washers on me!" :-)
BTW, anyone know why headlight washers are so rare on American cars?
I've seen US-spec Fords that automagically turn the headlights on when
it's dark outside, but I haven't seen one with headlight washers.

Aleksander Mierzwa
Warsaw, Poland
87 Audi 5000CS turbo (mine)
88 Renault Medallion wagon (mom's)