engine chips, etc.

     OK, so I'm developing a vague understanding of what "chip" options are
     available for my car (4000csq with new air-cooled turbo engine from
        Intended Acceleration will do an outside-the-chip mod which, with a
     new wastegate spring gives 215-225 hp with 14/18 lbs boost.
        TAP does much the same - but I'd rather not patronize them due to
     past experience.
        "QLCC" seems to have developed a replacement chip - but I'm lost in
     all the "software-speak" and can't figure out from the postings
     whether this is for the 5k engine, or just the tqc engine.
     Can someone help me?? I'd like to do something chip-related, but I'm
     looking for some first-hand knowledge on my options.
     Mike Lawton