[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]

Re: Boost hose thingy (91 200Q)

That is what is called, the pressure damper.

*Steve                                       Sachelle Babbar
*'84  5ksT 1.6-2.0 bar                    <SBABBAR@IRIS.NYIT.EDU>
*Cockpit adjustable wastegate, AudiSport badge
*Disclaimer:"Any information contained herein is based purely on my own
*personal experience and may not necessarily reflect yours. Use caution as
*your results may vary from mine."

On Wed, 1 Apr 1998, Rob Winchell wrote:

> Q -
> Opened up the pass. side footwell kick-panel on the 200Q to get a look at
> the boost hose going into the ECU. About 6 inches from the ECU the hose is
> split and a clear plastic bubble thingy (technical term) is inserted in the
> hose. What the hell is it? Anyone else have this? It doesn't seem to serve
> any purpose that I can see. I want to tee in a mechanical boost gauge.
> Rob Winchell
> 91 200Q
> 87 4kCS