Re: Audi 80 1.9E

Luke P <lukep@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>Anybody know anything about theAudi 80 1.9E, specifically I am
>in the engine specs  1847cc SD

>From my books, it was a 1989 MY-only engine, as for 1990 the 2.0E took over.
I've contemplated buying one, but they're quite rare here (and I assume the
prices of parts will be accordingly high). I thought the 1.9E was
Euro-only, but apparently NZ seems to have gotten it, too.

1847cc I-4, bore x stroke 82.5 x 86.4 mm, compression 10.5:1, max. power 83
kW @ 5600 rpm, torque 160 Nm @ 3400 rpm, single OHC, belt-driven. 2
valves/cylinder, electronic ignition, electronic injection (Bosch
KE-Jetronic), fuel: unleaded 91 RON, block: cast iron, head: alloy.
Top speed: 195 km/h, 0-100 km/h in 9.6 s.

Nice power hike over my 65 kW 1.8S, and certainly over the standard 55 kW

 1988 Audi 80 1.8S, mostly Tizianrot metallic, 218,000km

                    'The singer will have to go.'
                       -- Manager Eric Easton,
                          speaking of his new talents, The Rolling Stones