Re: Yes, but *which* relay? / FP cutout

Huw Powell writes:
> OK, someone explain this, maybe I don't have a red line cutout?  Today I
> "accidentally" flew right past the sensible guidelines printed on my
> instruments and that needle got to at least 7000 before I realised that
> there was a second gear I could use... no shut off.  82 coupe doesn't
> have this nifty safety feature?

No, your 82 coupe does not have a rev-limiter.  The rev limiter
is only on cars with the digital ignition systems (e.g., UrQ,
84 and later turbo cars, 85 and later 4Ks).

96 A4 2.8 quattro
84 5000S 2.1 turbo
80 4000 2.0
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    ti@amb.org
 //////  http://sunsite.unc.edu/~cddb/tikan/