Re: On the subject of Jaguars ...

>A ten-year-old ur-quattro can outdrag a new Jaguar XJSport 3.2 litre,
>but only just.   Mind you, the quattro had a passenger, a full fuel tank
>and half a ton of tools and spares in the boot.
>It was a close-run thing until we came to the traffic islands.  Then we
>showed him a thing or two.
OTOH, if you just bought a new Jag, would you go drag racing it?  Not
exactly the stereotypical Jag owner image...

>Audi quattro drivers don't overtake trucks on blind bends, though.
>As Roger said: "Just remember how much he paid to be humilated by a
>ten-year-old car."
Yes, but on the other hand, the UrQ wasn't voted "Sexiest Car" by various
women's magazines(ie, "Sexiest for a guy to own".)  Ever :)

Hee hee...I love embarassing lexus/infiniti owners.  It's funny to see the
looks on their faces when "that old Owdie somethin er other" blows their
$50k doors off.  Even more fun when it's wet...their fancy traction control
can't help 'em worth diddly.

Phil, I have no idea how old you are so I'll substitute 40; what was your
40->18 time on that run? :)

BTW, speaking of informal drags, has anyone ever verified Audi's claim of
6.5 seconds for the 0-60 on a 200q 20v?  I remember several car mags tried,
but got times that were more like 6.7 and 7.2.  I suspect most of it was
due to outside air temps and heat soak...

91 200q 20v

Brett Dikeman
Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt.  Qui annus est?
Te audire non possum.  Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.
Ita, scio hunc 'sig file' veterem fieri.