4kss exhuast

I have an 854ksq with exhuast leaks in the manifold.  I haven't looked closely
enough to see if the manifold is cracked or studs are broken.  How hard is it
to tear into these?  Should I leave this up to a mechanic?  I usually do all
the work myself on this car (new brakes, distributer, radiator, euro bosch
lights, etc.....).
Any one ever done this before?  Any special info/instructions would be

Getting tired of my car sounding like chitty-chitty bang-bang....

85 4ksq