Re: 1986 4000S, Motorized radio antenna

Peter Biernacki writes:
> The car in question is a manual 1986 4000S with a 1.8L 4 cylinder
> engine (7/85 production date).

You're really on a roll :)

> The antenna motor is finished.  The housing has cracked and it's a mess.
> I disconnected it from the power source and manually extended it so that
> it at least works.

You can buy replacement Harada or Hirschmann power antennas that will
fit the 4000S well.  Try your local car stereo dealers, or visit

96 A4 2.8 quattro
84 5000S 2.1 turbo
80 4000 2.0
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    ti@amb.org
 //////  http://sunsite.unc.edu/tkan/