Re: Dealer blues

 <jeffm@fatcity.Corp.Sun.COM> writes:

>Took my '95 A6 into Carlsen yesterday.  Car was idling rough
>$595 dollars later they tell me it had two fouled plugs.
>I guess that 'dealer' expertise doesn't come cheap.
>I find this damn upsetting.
>"Chump" in Palo Alto

    Don't be too upset, a customer came into my friends garage with
  an 100 wagon that was running like crap.  Long story short, the
  problem was a vacuum leak/disconnected sensor.  Customer
  came to pick up car, and showed an invoice from a local
  dealer....they had charged him close to $1300.00 to basically
  change the Oxy sensors, and told him to come back because
  the car was still running like crap, but the oxy sensors needed
  changing anyway.  You're not alone.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]