Re: Two different keys??

At 10:57 18.10.98 -0500, Bob Mansker wrote:

>Own a 87KQ.
>The drivers door opens with a different key than the Ignition.
>The Ignition key opens the trunk & passenger's door.
>Is it possible to take driver's key lock out, insert Ignition key & grind
>down lobes to work.
>I have done this on my Dodge Caravan to have one key.

It seems that your Audi was the victim of a burglar or Team Doorhandle in
the past and someone replaced the doorhandle, but did not put the old lock
in. I would not suggest grinding the lobes. It will make the car more
vulnerable to break-in. I believe any Audi dealer can order a new lock for
you if you give them the ingition key number.

Aleksander Mierzwa
Warsaw, Poland
87 Audi 5000CS turbo (mine)
88 Renault Medallion wagon (mom's)