Multi Function Display data format

I was wondering if anyone has any information regarding the
data format for the information being displayed on the Multi
Function Display in the dashboard for the 200Q's and S4 and

I am planning on looking at the serial data line with an
oscilloscope to determine how I can display my own
information on this display.  Since my S6 does not have a
boost gauge, I am planning on not having the display show
what radio station I am tuned to, but instead, display
manifold vaccum/boost.

Any information would be helpful before I make the
measurements myself.

Thanks in advance and have a Happy New Year.

Mike Stricker
1995 S6

p.s.  This is what happens when you have too much time on
your hands and are residing in South Florida with a Quattro!