Re: Looking for useful impact wrench on a budget...

At 11:09 99-01-06 GMT, Phil Payne wrote:

>been told that there's more room if you replace the road wheel with
>an emergency "digestive biscuit" spare, but I've never checked.

I've also found it very useful when adjusting rear wheel bearings tension
on FWD car. With the emergency spare installed, I could turn the adjusting
nut while rocking the wheel to get a very good feel of the bearing adjustment.

Aleksander Mierzwa
Warsaw, Poland
87 Audi 5000CS turbo (mine)
88 Renault Medallion wagon (mom's)