5k steering and brake retrofit

Hello list,
    I am looking for information from anyone who has retrofitted pre 1984 5k
steering and braking components on to a post 1984 5k.
    I am about to retrofit my 1987 5kcstq with the steering rack, power steering
pump, vacuum brake booster and all other associated components from a 1983 5k.
Why?  because I have a bad rack, pump, bomb, and hoses. I am also sick of the
price of pentosin, versus dextron in the old system.
    Please contact me if you have information about what I am about to do, or if
you want the results of my project posted to the list in an instructional btdt
Brian 87 5kcstq 175K Miles
St. Paul MN