Re: leaking rack

Kneale Brownson writes:
> Will the rack "blow" or can I go that far before I replace it?

You're probably fine for the trip.  Just bring a bottle of hydraulic
fluid and keep a watchful eye on the fluid level.  My 5Kt had a leaking
rack for many months before I finally replaced it.  The fluid became
an expensive proposition when the consumption rate became something like
a bottle a week!  I hope your auto-check system is working ok.  Mine
was ever so diligent to remind me to top up the level as soon as
it reached the MIN mark.

96 A4 2.8 quattro
84 5000S 2.1 turbo
80 4000 2.0
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    ti@amb.org
 //////  http://metalab.unc.edu/tkan/